QUOTE OF THE DAY

Thursday 15 December 2011

VOCABULARY

Facebook is a global social networking website. This kind of websites are quite common nowadays, not only among teenagers but among adults too. But the odd thing is that people tend to use nouns as verbs, especially, with all this new vocabulary that internet has developed. Facebook is an example, but there are some more: google, email, text,….
Today it is pretty usual to hear people saying:
“I’ve just facebooked the photos from my holiday” [meaning "uploaded them to my facebook page"].
I facebooked that girl we met at Tom’s party” [meaning "looked her up in Facebook"] or “I googled her” ["looked her up in Google"]
Did you facebook Maria about the party? [meaning "contact Maria through her Facebook page"].

No comments:

Post a Comment